Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope all your holidays were blessed and spent with your love ones. Rob and I were so lucky to fly to Dallas and spend the day with my family. It was the perfect little day trip. 

We kept our Christmas decorations minimum since I was working like crazy and wouldn't be home on Christmas Day. We haven't had a day off together since we put up our tree! I decided to go with Kraft paper as my wrapping paper, carrying over my Thanksgiving theme. I love the thought of being in a cabin in the woods for the holidays, so I used plaid ribbon. 






I really enjoyed personalizing each present by stamps and drawing on the paper. I used white Sharpie pens. I tried using white ink for stamps but that did not work out. So I stuck with green and red ink.

It was so easy traveling on Christmas Day. There was no line for security. And what better way to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas then flying the in the sky He created.


We had a lovely breakfast waiting for us when we arrived to my parents'. Then we went opened our presents and found the pickle. Have you heard of the Germany tradition? It is one of my favorite traditions. Someone hides a pickle ornament in the tree and then the first to find it gets the first Christmas present! Since we weren't there for Christmas Eve, they waited to did it on Christmas. Hayden won, which is her first time to win in many years! We then watched The Heat and Grant and I played a mean game of Monopoly. Then we all stuffed ourselves with amazing prime rib. So good to be around family.




Now it's almost time to ring in the new year. I can't believe all that has happened in 2013. What are your New Year Resolutions going to be?





1 comment:

  1. So glad yall had a wonderful Holiday and were able to make the day trip :) Stephen and Chris play find the pickle!! I think it's so funny to watch the two boys go crazy trying to find it!

    ReplyDelete